The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of Academies are split into five regions of England – London and the South East, the Midlands, the South Coast, the South West and the North.
National governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of academies in their region.
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Regional Director for Oasis secondary academies in South London and the South East is Thomas Raymond.
Having originally trained as a Maths teacher and worked in schools all over London, Tom joined Oasis in January 2018 as Principal of a Oasis Academy Arena in Croydon. Tom led that school up to his appointment to Regional Director in September 2023. During this time Tom supported two other Oasis secondary academies. Tom is passionate about school improvement and providing the best possible life chances for young people.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here.