The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of Academies are split into four regions of England – London and the South East, the Midlands, the South West and the North.
Each Academy ensures local governance through an Academy Council, whilst national governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of Academies in their region.
The job of a Regional Director is to:
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Regional Director for Primary academies within the London & SE region is Kirstie Fulthorpe.
Kirstie joined the Oasis family in April 2016, as a Regional Academies Director for Primary Academies in London and the South East. In March 2017, Kirstie became Regional Director for both Primary and Secondary Academies in the region. Prior to joining Oasis, Kirstie held a position as one of Her Majesty’s Inspectors at Ofsted. She has extensive teaching and leadership experience having worked in education for over 24 years, with particular expertise in English, Early Years and Primary education.
Before joining Ofsted, Kirstie was an Executive Head Teacher in London where she moved a school from ‘Special Measures’ to ‘Good with Outstanding features’ in just 18 months. She previously worked as a School Improvement Consultant for a number of organisations including Local Authorities and Multi-Academy Trusts.
Read a full interview with Kirstie here.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here.