Sport Premium Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government provides funding directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Overview of Funding at Oasis Academy Hadley for 2018-19
The Academy benefits from the government’s Sports funding for primary schools which aims to improve the provision of PE and sport so that all children develop healthy lifestyles. Hadley is committed to get best value from this funding and to give our children high quality opportunities to develop their own health and fitness and to provide them with new opportunities to become involved in sport.
For details of the Academy PE and Sport Strategy for 2018-19 please click here.
- How we will use the Sports Premium Funding this year?
- What will be the impact of the Sports Premium Funding for our Students?
Our aim is to maintain and increase the quality and quantity of sports and after-school clubs, inter and intra school competitions, as well as to create more opportunities for our students to try different activities whilst raising participation numbers.
Furthermore, through sports and physical activity we aim to develop a greater understanding of leading a healthy, active life style. To raise awareness about obesity including becoming Sugar Smart and making a Change4life.
We will achieve this through;
- Improved PE & Sport resources
- Improving participation levels within curricular and extra-curricular activities including intra & inter competition
- Improving the knowledge; skills and understanding related to health and fitness of our students
- Increasing learning opportunities associated with healthy diet and nutrition
- Providing professional development opportunities for our staff to improve their skills and knowledge
- Achieving the Silver Mark for the Government’s School Games Initiative as recognition of our quality PE and Sports offer.