Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
- Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up Programmes at KS3
- Roles and Responsibilities for Catch up Programme
- Identification of low attaining students
- Transfer and Transition from year 6 to year 7
The Inclusion team are part of the Year 6-7 transition meetings and gather information on individuals, baseline data such as KS2 SATs results serve as an indicator for early identification for intervention.
In year 7, Cognitive Ability Tests (CATS) in Non-verbal, Verbal and Quantitative Ability provide additional information for those students who are functioning at below average level.
Reading Tests give a reading age and a standardised score which indicates the ranking of students’ ability in reading and comprehension against those of the same age.
- The Progress Units Literacy Programme
- The Catch-Up Reading Recovery Programme
- Maths Catch up
- Planning of sessions, training for staff
The Programme was designed by DfE and comprises of 18 sessions for students who are operating significantly below age related expectations. There are run in small groups of no more than six students. The main focus of the programme centres on grammar, inference skills, punctuation and writing skills. The sessions are delivered by the HLTAs.
Catch up Premium Report
Please click here to view our Catch Up Premium Report.