If you are a Parent or Carer and wish to apply for a place in Reception at Oasis Academy Hadley for the following September, you will need to complete the Common Application Form via the LA website.
Children do not move automatically from 3 year old Nursery to reception. You must apply for a place even if your child is already in the Nursery.
Arrangements for applications for places to Reception at the Academy will be made in accordance with Enfield Borough Council’s co-ordinated admission arrangements and will be made on the Common Application Form provided and administered by Enfield Borough Council.
The process of allocating places will begin after 15th January 2022. You will be sent an email from Enfield Borough Council on 19th April 2022.
Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the published admission number, applications will be considered against the oversubscription criteria set out below. The admission of pupils with an Education, Health and Care plan or Statement of Special Educational Needs naming the academy will take priority. The criteria will then be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
- Children in public care (looked after children) and children who were adopted (or subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following having been looked after.
- Children in care are children who are in the care of a local authority or provided with accommodation by that local authority in accordance with section 22 of the Children Act 1989.
- Children for whom a particular school is appropriate on exceptional medical grounds. Such applications will considered under this criterion only if they are supported by an attached written statement from a doctor. This must demonstrate that there is a very specific connection between the child’s medical need and the school requested.
- Children with a brother or sister, sibling, who will be attending the school at the time of proposed admission. The children concerned must be living at the same address. The term “sibling” means a full, step, half, adopted or fostered brother or sister, but not cousins. The sibling link will be withdrawn for any future siblings of any child who has started at a school and it was subsequently found that they had gained a place on the basis of a fraudulent application.
- Children whose parent is a member of staff who has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application and/or children of a member of staff who has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children living nearest to the school measured as the crow flies, that is, in a straight line from the child’s home to the main entrance of the school on South Street. Travel by private car or public transport will not be taken into account. All distances will be calculated by Enfield Council’s admissions IT system using Address Base Premium. This provides a national grid co-ordinate and a unique reference for each postal address in Great Britain. The grid reference is provided to a resolution of 0.1 metre (10cm). The accuracy of each Address Base Premium is such that each point will fall within the addressed building. In the case of a multi-occupancy building such as flats where there may only be one address point, priority will be given to the applicant whose door number is the lowest numerically /or alphabetically.
The child’s permanent home address is where he or she normally lives and sleeps and goes to school from. Proof of residence can be requested at any time throughout the admissions process. If false or misleading information is used to gain entry to the Academy, the offer of a place will be withdrawn.
Where two or more children live in a flat or other multi-home dwelling and it is not possible to determine which applicant lives closest to the preferred school as measured in a direct line from the building to the school; the available place(s) will be allocated by drawing lots.
If there are more applicants than there are places remaining within a particular category, random allocation will be used to allocate the final available place(s). The random allocation process will be independently verified.